14 February 2008

My vita is dolce and I like it that way



Mr. H and I had a delicious dinner at Dolce Vita, one of our favorites. We decided rather late that we wanted to have our Valentine's Day dinner there. I called today to see what they had available and, well, 6 PM was all they had left. I felt like an elderly Floridian, but the food was great. My lovely husband gave me a wonderful book on Sean Scully. I gave him a book on Pete Maravich. We are a family of readers; Huey may even know how to read.

Valentine's Day is a rather special one in second grade. I got lots of candy and a few other nice gifts. One kid gave me a Built wine tote, and another gave me a really nice pen. Score! We also made fleece blankets for Project Linus today. Our school does not have Valentine's Day parties, and instead each grade does a community service project. The kids did a great job and we really had a good time.

No comments: