03 June 2008

I heart summer



I am relaxing and generally behaving like a lady of leisure. One of my goals this summer is to eat more fruits and vegetables. I have concocted a pretty good breakfast of berries, walnuts, Kashi twig cereal, and Greek yogurt.

Mr. H is much better, but is still not working full days. It is fun to have him at home in the afternoons. Huey is in ecstasy with both of his parents at home.

We are going to some place on the Gulf of Mexico this summer. We are thinking Rosemary Beach, Seaside, Watercolor, Alys Beach, etc. If you have a favorite spot in the vicinity let me know.

3 comments:

Nat D said...

I have never been, but I have heard from countless people that Seaside is fantastic!

www.sowalscene.com said...

I live in South Walton county - where all of these fabulous new urban communities are located. Each little town has it's own personality and offers something for everyone.

Seaside and WaterColor are particularly family friendly and well established communities.

Alys Beach's architecture is stunning - it is still in the beginning phase of development and many locals are anxious for it to develop into a vibrant community. They offer a lot of fantastic events that you must check out.

Rosemary Beach is one of my favorite communities - you must walk around the community as this is the best way to experience it.

All in all, you just can't go wrong with any of these destinations! Welcome to the beach!

Jill - www.sowalscene.com

Archibald said...

Rosemary is the most beautiful place I have seen in any of those areas. Spent a little time there after Katrina, and one of the things I thought was amazing is the bluff you have to come over to get to the beach. If I remember correctly, it's probably 15 feet above the beach. Absolutely beautiful.